Essentials Level 3: For RMT’s and Myotherapists
The Essentials Level 3: Advanced 2 day course builds upon the techniques taught in the Introductory course.
The course involves a combination of lectures and demonstrations, coupled with ample practical supervision to hone your dry needling skills.
Once you have successfully completed our GEMt Essentials Level 2 course, you may enter the Essentials Level 3 course
New to the advanced GEMt course is the use of the Sonosite Titan Ultrasound System. The integration of imaging techniques into the course enables detailed viewing of anatomy and a greater ability to teach safe and effective needling techniques. Ultrasound is used to define muscle boundaries and bony landmarks and visualise a local twitch response in-situ.
- Review and update of: research, needling safety procedures and precautions
- Further muscles covered in this course include: the Hand, the Foot, the Temporo-mandibular joint, Subscapularis and Supraspinatus, Abdominals, Iliacus and Extensor Hallucis/Digitorum Longus
Treatable Muscles After Completion
- The Hand
- The Foot
- The Temporo-mandibular joint
- Advanced Shoulder- Subscapularis and Supraspinatus
- Advanced Needling- needling on stretch, threading Infraspinatus
- Anterior Hip- Iliacus
- Lower Extremity- Extensor Hallucis/Digitorum Longus
- Case Studies and group directed revision
Online Learning Modules
GEMt dry needling courses begin with online modules for safety, theory, and anatomy. Access to the online learning platform is provided via email once you have completed course registration. Completion of the online modules is a requirements before attending the course, and you should allow sufficient time to complete them before the course starts.
Module 1: Anatomy involving
Anatomy slides of all muscles covered in course
Anatomy Theory test (up to 1 hour)
Total = 2-3 hours
- Participants must have completed the Essentials Level 1 Course.
- You must be a registered clinician with Professional Indemnity Insurance to enter this course.
- Course participants are required to act as subjects as required for the duration of the course.
- This course is not advisable for anyone who is pregnant (unless they are prepared to bring a friend willing to be needled on their behalf).
Online = 2
Face to Face = 13.5
Total = 60 hours for the Essentials Program involving Levels 1-3
Myotherapy Association of Australia Accredited Course for up to 20 CPD points per annum (1 pd point per hour)
Endorsed by Massage and Myotherapy Australia for 20 CPE points (for level 1,2 & 3 combined)
Massage Association of Australia Accredited Course for up to 20 CPE points per annum (1 CPE point per hour)