Level 3: Advanced Dry Needling Course (2 Days)
The Level 3 Advanced 2 day course builds upon the techniques taught in the Introductory course.
The course involves a combination of lectures and demonstrations, coupled with ample practical supervision to hone your dry needling skills.
Once you have successfully completed our GEMt Level 1 course, you may enter either of our Advanced courses – in any order!
New to the advanced GEMt course is the use of the Sonosite Titan Ultrasound System. The integration of imaging techniques into the course enables detailed viewing of anatomy and a greater ability to teach safe and effective needling techniques. Ultrasound is used to define muscle boundaries and bony landmarks and visualise a local twitch response in-situ.
- Review and update of: research, needling safety procedures and precautions
- Review of Neuropathic assessment techniques
- Further muscles covered in this course include: Abdominals, TA/Multifidus/Glute activation post needling as visualised on RTUS. Advanced needling and Threading of: hamstrings, quads, scalenes, Obt Internus and the long thumb muscles (FPL, AbPL, EPL, EPB)
- The ‘Needle Plunger’ – allowing more efficient and effective needling of certain muscle groups
- Advanced techniques involving electrical stimulation
- Latest advances in myofascial trigger point research
- Advanced techniques using ultrasound imaging techniques to:
– Confirm needle placement within a 3D environment
– Show tissue response to needle insertion and manipulation, and view the local twitch response
Treatable Muscles After Completion
- Abdominals TA/Multifidus/Glute retraining under RTUS
- TMJ & Scalenes
- The Hand & Foot
- Tendon and Ligament Needling
- Advanced Lower extremity including: Tib Post, Popliteus, FHL
- Long thumb muscles
- Case Studies and group
- Directed revision
Online Learning Modules
GEMt dry needling courses begin with online modules for safety, theory, and anatomy. Access to the online learning platform is provided via email once you have completed course registration. Completion of the online modules is a requirements before attending the course, and you should allow sufficient time to complete them before the course starts.
- Module 1: Anatomy = 2-3 hours
- Participants must have completed the Level 1 Introductory Course
- You must be a registered clinician with Professional Indemnity Insurance to enter this course
- This course is not advisable for anyone who is pregnant (unless they are prepared to bring a friend willing to be needled on their behalf)
Contact Hours: 16
APA accredited (2009-2017) 13 CPD points apply
ACA Accredited Course
Osteopathy Australia Endorsed Course