Level 2: Advanced Dry Needling Course (2 Days)
The Level 2 Advanced 2 day course builds upon the techniques taught in the Introductory course.
The course involves a combination of lectures and demonstrations, coupled with ample practical supervision to hone your dry needling skills.
Once you have successfully completed our GEMt Level 1 course, you may enter either of our Advanced courses – in any order!
New to the advanced GEMt course is the use of the Sonosite Titan Ultrasound System. The integration of imaging techniques into the course enables detailed viewing of anatomy and a greater ability to teach safe and effective needling techniques. Ultrasound is used to define muscle boundaries and bony landmarks and visualise a local twitch response in-situ.
- Review and update of: research, needling safety procedures and precautions
- Review of Neuropathic assessment techniques
- Advanced techniques involving the Thoracic spine, complex muscles within the adductor region, posterior hip and Cervical spine
- Further muscles covered in this course include: Quadratus Lumborum, Pec Minor, Subscapularis and Supraspinatus, Quadratus Femoris, Adductor Brevis and Pectineus, Tibialis Posterior, Flexor Hallucis and detailed cervical muscles such as: Levator Scapula and RCPMajor
- Advanced techniques involving electrical stimulation
- Latest advances in myofascial trigger point research
- Advanced techniques using ultrasound imaging techniques to:
– Confirm needle placement within a 3D environment
– Show tissue response to needle insertion and manipulation, and view the local twitch response
– Define rib anatomy, pleura and confirm needle placement within the Thoracic spine
Treatable Muscles After Completion
- Advanced needling of: QL, Lev Scap, Rhomboids, SCM
- Advanced needling of: ilio-psoas, short hip rotators
- Advanced Upper Extremity including: CEO, Short head Biceps
- Use of RTUS to visualise a rib/pleura & a LTR
- Pec minor, Subscap/Supraspinatus
- Includes: Pectineus, Add brevis, Quad fem
- Case Studies and group directed revision
Online Learning Modules
GEMt dry needling courses begin with online modules for safety, theory, and anatomy. Access to the online learning platform is provided via email once you have completed course registration. Completion of the online modules is a requirements before attending the course, and you should allow sufficient time to complete them before the course starts.
Module 1: Anatomy involving
Anatomy slides of all muscles covered in course
Anatomy Theory test (45 mins)
Total = 2-3 hours
- Participants must have completed the Level 1 Introductory Course
- You must be a registered clinician with Professional Indemnity Insurance to enter this course
- This course is not advisable for anyone who is pregnant (unless they are prepared to bring a friend willing to be needled on their behalf)
Contact Hours: 20
APA accredited (2009-2017) 13 CPD points apply
ACA Accredited Course
Osteopathy Australia Endorsed Course