Trigger Point Dry Needling Advanced Training
NOW WITH 2 DAY LEVEL 2 and 3 ADVANCED COURSES Including Real Time UltraSound
The LEVEL TWO advanced 2 day course builds upon the techniques taught in the Introductory course. The course involves a combination of lectures and demonstrations, coupled with ample practical supervision to hone your dry needling skills.
New to the advanced GEMt course is the use of the Sonosite Titan Ultrasound System. The integration of imaging techniques into the course enables detailed viewing of anatomy and a greater ability to teach safe and effective needling techniques. Ultrasound is used to define muscle boundaries and bony landmarks and visualise a local twitch response in-situ.
Pre-course reading – Links to the latest research articles will be sent to all registrants along with the Advanced Course Muscle Chart (essential to review prior to course).
Topics to be covered include;
- Review and update of: research, needling safety procedures and precautions
- Review of Neuropathic assessment techniques
- Advanced techniques involving the Thoracic spine, complex muscles within the adductor region, posterior hip and Cervical spine
- Further muscles covered in this course include: Quadratus Lumborum, Pec Minor, Subscapularis and Supraspinatus, Quadratus Femoris, Adductor Brevis and Pectineus, Tibialis Posterior, Flexor Hallucis and detailed cervical muscles such as: Levator Scapula and RCPMajor
- The 'Needle Plunger' – allowing more efficient and effective needling of certain muscle groups
- Advanced techniques involving electrical stimulation
- Latest advances in myofascial trigger point research
- Advanced techniques using ultrasound imaging techniques to:
- Confirm needle placement within a 3D environment
- Show tissue response to needle insertion and manipulation, and view the local twitch response
- Define rib anatomy, pleura and confirm needle placement within the Thoracic spine
Course Eligibility: Participants must have completed the Level One Introductory Course (including completing a 100 episode log book) before applying for Trigger Point Dry Needling Level TWO Advanced Training.